The Colleton County Memorial Library has a variety of resources available for those who are looking for information, resources, etc. For onsite local history and genealogy research the library's South Carolina Room is open Mon - Thurs from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Fridays 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The library's Reference Librarian is available to help patrons in the library, over the phone and by email with the following:
- Recommend resources to help you with your research.
- Answer questions regarding the library's reference, local history, genealogy and archival collection.
- Provide digital copies of library finding aids and bibliographies and some easy-to- access research material by email.
- Provide basic overviews and tools for using online sites such as Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, the Press & Standard online archives, SC Digital Library & more.
- Find and request local history and genealogy sources via Interlibrary Loan.
Library staff cannot conduct research for patrons, only recommend resources to aid in your own search.
If you'd like to submit a reference question please fill out the form below. Our staff will contact you within a few days of receiving your question. You can also contact the Reference Librarian at 843-549-5621, ext. 3.